In most of the design communities that I subscribe to, I find designers facing difficulty related to colors displayed on a Windows machine for the creatives designed on a MacBook. Though the software used to access the design is same (Adobe Photoshop) but the moment file is accessed on Windows Photoshop, the result is devastating. Colors look washed out and whole creativity seems dead.
We all know that Mac OSX have an excellent reproduction of colors and high quality display. Henceforth we might not be able to meet the colors display 100% but at least 85% can be captured in Windows Photoshop
This was a problem I had also faced and below is what I found as a resolution:-)
In your Windows laptop, when you open Photoshop follow the below steps:
1) Open the designed file of Mac system.
2) Click on “Edit” link (at top second link from left)
3) Fall out Menu option will show “Color Settings”, click on it
4) In the Pop up window, you can change the options under ‘Working Space’
example -In RGB drop down make it ‘Apple RGB’
First two points remain same as above.
3) Fall out Menu option will show “Convert to Profile”, click on it
4) In the Pop up window, you can change from ‘Profile’ drop down
After you have successfully saved the modified Color Profile just follow the last step:
Go to ‘View’ link at the top > click on ‘Proof Setup’ > Select ‘Macintosh RGB’ or ‘Monitor RGB’ as per your need.
Note: Do check the profile of your file created in Mac Photoshop and also while saving the file in Mac. Just replicate the same profile in Windows Photoshop
If needed you can change to the earlier Windows Color Profile settings if you are working on a different file.
Hope this help designers to resolve the issue:-)